The Dallas Sail & Power Squadron welcomes - and encourages! - youth to participate in the United States Power Squadrons and in safe boating.
Did You Know?
The Texas boater's license is required for anyone born after Aug. 31, 1993, who operates a boat over 15 hp, a Personal Water Craft (PWC - such as a Jet Ski, WaveRunner or Sea-Doo), or a sailboat over 14 feet long in Texas.
The DSPS Executive Committee has approved a limited budget for youth scholarships.
Any youth who takes a United States Power Squadrons® course and successfully passes the course exam will be reimbursed the full cost of the course if a member of his or her family joins the Dallas Sail & Power Squadron. See details below.
- This scholarship is open to any youth, under age 18
- The youth or his/her family will pay the course fee up front
- The youth will complete the course instruction and take the course exam
- One member of the youth's family must join the Dallas Sail & Power Squadron to be eligible for the scholarship
- See more information on DSPS membership here
- Upon notification that the youth has passed the course exam, the Dallas Sail & Power Squadron will provide reimbursement
- Reimbursement will include course fee paid to DSPS
- Reimbursement will NOT include any navigation tools (dividers, chart plotter, etc.) or other items purchased
For questions, contact our Educational Officer.